Recently, Morningstar Direct, product we make available on the computers in the Mahaffey Business Information Center, changed the restrictions on login and password access.  Current password had to be changed to a 'strong' one and if patrons use it in error 5 times or more, the account for that login will be locked.  It gets unlocked once we call technical support team at Morningstar Direct.  Needless to say, it is a very painful and time-consuming process, with many potentials for unavailability of the product if the lock-down happens during the time library staff is not present to intervene.

I inquired about any possible solutions/tools that Morningstar Direct might have to offer its customers, but unfortunately they only acknowledge the fact that the problem exists, but do not offer any solutions in that realm.

I found a third party password generator software from http://www.MoreRUN.net that allows logon to login/password secured web sites.

----------------------

Using Form Auto Fill you can easily auto-fill logins and passwords on web pages, in registration forms, login windows, etc. Form Auto Fill lets you login to any website with one click. Just click the 'Go' button and Form Auto Fill automatically opens the necessary web page where you can easily fill and submit form.

---------------------

This is a nice product, but I wanted to check with all of you wonderful experts with a myriad of talents, if you happen to know of a similar open source product we might be able to incorporate within our image.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestion/direction you might have on this topic.

Beata

The good that people can do emanates and multiplies from the good that one person does.
              Lewis Richmond,
                 A Whole Life's Work - Living Passionately, Growing Spiritually
Beata Frelas
Technical Support Consultant/Analyst
L002A Mendoza College of Business
Mahaffey Business Information Center