Hello All,

I have been contracted to do a book on the future of automation in the
academic library by IGI Publishers.  The working title is “Robots in
Academic Libraries: Advancements in Library Automation,” and it will be
part of the book series, Advances in Library Information Science (ALIS).
The book will be 15+ chapters, with a total of at least 135,000 words.  I am
looking for contributors to write individual chapters at around 10,000
words.  The specific subjects are the increasing and future automation of
the following areas of the academic library.

    •    Acquisitions
    •    Collection Development
    •    Cataloging
    •    Circulation
    •    Inter-library loan
    •    The Future of the ILS
    •    Public Interface Design
    •    Library Management (especially hiring decisions)

Additionally I am looking for very high level chapters that look at
automation in academic libraries in conjunction with changing University
environments as well as the changing needs of students and faculty.  Other
chapters dealing with this subject are also highly desirable.

Please contact me at [log in to unmask] or this address.

Thanks,

Edward Iglesias
Systems Librarian
Central Connecticut State University