I'm not a developer, but I too like to lurk on this listserv. Sometimes you learn something new, and other times you just have to make light of a situation. See my attached, proposed new logo.

Gabriela

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Hellman
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] New thread: Why are you doing what you're doing?

I think it's a good question, worth asking about *every* dev position being hired for.  I would be interested to hear an answer from others on the list. In fact, I think the price of putting a position announcement on Code4lib should be a willingness to answer "why?". And "why not?" is a pretty pathetic answer.

For me, I'm doing what I'm doing because I think it's important and because no one else is doing it. I hope there are many other with a similar answer.

Eric