Hi all,
See attached for a summary of a recent discussion with Andrew Nacin from Wordpress, plus some additional information in the form of a proposal for moving forward on a blog preservation pilot.

At LC, we're thinking as a next step, it would be great to convene a meeting of a larger group of stakeholders to nail down some of the requirements and outstanding questions we have. Since we are nearing the beginning of a new fiscal year LC's contract for big meetings won't really in place until probably November, but we don't want to wait that long.  We're thinking we could at least move this ahead by doing a a few hours at LC for the locals, with callers from afar via webex...  in the coming weeks hopefully.

After you all have a chance to review and respond, and once we get a meeting time/date set, we would also like to announce to NDSA-ALL to see if there are others who might be interested in participating. I recall there was interest from others outside of our working group at the July partner's meeting.

From there we may want to open it up more widely to anyone out there interested, who we can get to come think this through with us. If you have ideas of who to include in this conversation let us know.

We can add this to next week's agenda to talk about in more detail, but thought I'd share this via the list in the meantime. Questions? Comments?

Abbie

Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information and Infrastructure Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke