One other thing to consider with the iPhone is that it's going to be a
recurrent monthly fee, and that cellular internet tends to run more
expensive than regular internet collections.  This could easily run over
replacement costs for a wired computer, for instance.  Also, that while a
regular computer might be a theft risk, an iPhone is a giant, gold-plated
theft risk, in a super-portable size.  Also, there's no way you're going to
get a week's worth of service per charge out of it, while using it as a
terminal.

- Dave Mayo