Dear fans of cool Web-ness,

I'm looking for examples of projects that use visual(=largely non-text and
non-numeric) interfaces to let patrons browse/search collections. Things
like the GeoSearch on North Carolina Maps[1], or projects that use Simile's
Timeline or Exhibit widgets[2] to provide access to collections (e.g.,
what's described here:
https://letterpress.uchicago.edu/index.php/jdhcs/article/download/59/70), or
in-the-wild uses of Recollection[3]. I'm less interested in knowing about
tools (although I'm never *uninterested* in finding out about cool tools)
than about production or close-to-production sites that are making good use
of these or similar tools to provide visual, non-linear access to
collections. Who's doing slick stuff in this area that deserves a look?

Thanks!

Julia

[1] http://dc.lib.unc.edu/ncmaps/search.php
[2] http://www.simile-widgets.org/
[3] http://recollection.zepheira.com/

Julia Bauder

Data Services Librarian

Interim Director of the Data Analysis and Social Inquiry Lab (DASIL)

Grinnell College Libraries

1111 Sixth Ave.

Grinnell, IA 50112

641-269-4431