We are also using our ILS's APIs to do things like display checked out
items and library fines or initiate ILL requests in systems that are not
our ILS.

It is also worth noting that Solr and Fedora, two stalwarts of the 21st
century discovery and repository systems are pretty much user
interface-less. Interaction with these two pieces of software, which are
underpinning a lot of modern catalogs and digital collections
infrastructure, is almost exclusively negotiated through their APIs.

-Steve

--
Stephen Meyer
Library Application Developer

608-265-2844 (ph)

"Just don't let the human factor fail to be a factor at all."
- Andrew Bird, "Tables and Chairs"