So I was in #code4lib, and skome asked about ideas for library hours.
And I recalled that there have been at least two articles in the C4L
Journal on this topic, so suggested them.

Then I realized that there's enough body of work in the Journal to be
worth searching there whenever you have an "ideas for dealing with X"
question. You might not find anything, but I think there's enough chance
you will, illustrated by that encounter with skome.

Then I realized it's not just the journal -- what about a Google Custom
Search that searches over the Journal, the Code4Lib wiki, the Code4Lib
website, and perhaps most interestinly -- all the sites listed in Planet
Code4Lib.

Then I made it happen. Cause it seemed interesting and I'm a
perfectionist, I even set things up so a cronjob automatically syncs the
list of sites in the Planet with the Google custom search every night.

The Planet stuff ends up potentially being a lot of noise -- I tried to
custom 'boost' stuff from the Journal, but I'm not sure it worked. But I
did configure things with facet-like limits including a "just the
planet" limit, if you do want that. But even though it's sometimes a lot
of noise, it's also potentially the most interesting/useful part of the
search, otherwise it'd pretty much just be a Journal search, but now it
includes a bunch of people's blogs, as well as other sites deemed of
interest to Code4Lib community (including a couple other open source
library tech journals) -- without any extra curatorial work, just using
the list already compiled for the Planet.

I'm curious what people think of it. Try some searches for library tech
questions or information and see how good your results are. If people
find this useful, I'll try to include it on the main code4lib.org
webpage in some prominent place, spruce up the look and feel etc. (Or
try to draft someone else to do that, I think my time to work on this
might be _just_ about up after staying until 9.30 hacking on this cause
it seemed cool).

http://www.code4lib.org/custom_search/search_form.html