Ah, but we're not talking about "entry vocabulary", we're talking about
labelling shelf ranges.

But I agree that the headings for LCC will be less user friendly than
LCSH.  If there was a way to get LCC-to-LCSH mappings in an easily
usable way without paying tens of thousands of dollars, that would be
clever. (I'm not sure there's a way to get them even if you DO pay
millions of dollars).

So I was suggesting using the LCC headings themselves as a more feasible
alternate plan, is all. I agree it would be insufficient if we needed an
"entry vocabulary".  But just for labelling shelf ranges on display, I
think it's probably not worse than nothing.

Of course, that's up to the implementer, what's better than nothing.