Diva was announced here of 6th of June
https://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1106&L=CODE4LIB&T=0&F=&S=&P=27064

The clever part is you only send the visible part at the scale they
are viewing so little excess bandwidth.

For online document view it takes some beating and is not too hard to set up
My demo is running on an adsl line from home, probably a worst case speed demo.

Site is

http://ddmal.music.mcgill.ca/diva

real demo
http://ddmal.music.mcgill.ca/diva/demo