From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Lease Morgan
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 9:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] opening a pdf file

Are any of you able to open the following URL with an Android-based tablet device:

 http://dh.crc.nd.edu/sandbox/cyl/corpus/canarybird00schm.pdf

I have harvested about 60 PDF documents from the Internet Archive, and I created a rudimentary tablet-based interface to the collection here:

 http://dh.crc.nd.edu/sandbox/cyl/catalog/

Using my desktop machine I am able to download and view the PDF documents found in the "catalog", but I am unable to view them on my iPad nor my iPhone. Grrrr… I've tried many different PDF viewers on my iPad and iPhone, all to no avail.

I'm wondering whether or not this is a iOS thing or if there is something wrong with my PDF files.

Please tell me what your experience is.

--
Eric Morgan
University of Notre Dame