On Oct 3, 2011, at 11:12 AM, Dave Caroline wrote:

> Diva was announced here of 6th of June
> https://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind1106&L=CODE4LIB&T=0&F=&S=&P=27064
>
> The clever part is you only send the visible part at the scale they
> are viewing so little excess bandwidth.
>
> For online document view it takes some beating and is not too hard to set up
> My demo is running on an adsl line from home, probably a worst case speed demo.
>
>   http://ddmal.music.mcgill.ca/diva
>   http://ddmal.music.mcgill.ca/diva/demo

Very interesting, and thank you for bringing it to my attention. It seems it relies on a technology that reads and chunks up image files. Alas, I have PDFs. Moreover, I really want people to be able to print the entire documents. I suppose I could convert my PDF files into images and go that route. Hmm…

--
Eric Morgan