From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michel, Jason Paul
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2011 10:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Examples of Web Service APIs in Academic & Public Libraries

Hello all,

I'm a lurker on this listserv and am interested in gaining some insight into your experiences of utilizing web service APIs in either an academic library or public library setting.

I'm writing a book for ALA Editions on the use of Web Service APIs in libraries.  Each chapter covers a specific API by delineating the technicalities of the API, discussing potential uses of the API in library settings, and step-by-step tutorials.

I'm already including examples of how my library (Miami University in Oxford, Ohio) are utilizing these APIs but would like to give the reader more examples from a variety of settings.

APIs covered in the book: Flickr, Vimeo, Google Charts, Twitter, Open Library, LibraryThing, Goodreads, OCLC.

So, what are you folks doing with APIs?

Thanks for any insight!

Kind regards,

Jason