Some of OCLC's APIs do support JSONP or CORS: for example
QuestionPoint API, the xIdentifier and MapFAST services. However,
other services do not provide this support. This is because for these
services we need to carefully ensure that the application making the
request is actually owned by the institution/user to which the key has
been issued. If we don't do this then there are several consequences

1. We aren't able to clearly distinguish who is using a given service.
This fundamentally makes it more difficult for us to keep statistics
and evaluate the value of our services to the OCLC membership.
2. Users/Institutions not eligible to use particular services are able
to access those services.
3. Other users/institutions may be able to see data which is private
and specific to a particular institution

We know that developers want to use our APIs in Javascripts. As a
result we're working really hard on potential solutions that would
allow us to both provide this type of access and ensure that the
application making the request of the API is coming from an
appropriate authorized institution/user.

If anyone has further questions, they are welcome to email me directly.

Karen

Karen Coombs
Product Manager
OCLC Developer Network