Hey Jason!

I always think that Brown's FreeCite api is under utilized.
http://freecite.library.brown.edu/
It's far from perfect, but I'm sure more use could be made of it.

A few months back I threw together a copy/paste citation look-up with it:
CiteBox
http://willkurt.github.com/CiteBox/

Of course I don't think anyone is really making use of it, but I've
also done nothing to really promote it either ;)

Good luck with the book!
--Will