Dear Fellow Dataists,

We have gotten some great feedback on tools used for messing with metadata.
Included in some of the comments is either explicitly or implied “use
cases”.

For those who have *some good “stories” about what they want to do with the
data* – can you share that?  Want a tool to solve a problem or provide a new
service?  Can you explain it so that  discussions can have a focus on why we
need the tools we lack or need to develop/tweak tools we have?

Are there situations where you would like to change your metadata, but lack
the tools or technical expertise to make those changes happen?

Please *tell us what are you want to accomplish*. If you can, include what
kind of environment (organizationally, technically) you'd be working in,
along with anything else that you think would help other understand what you
need.

This is to help with making the short amount of time for a great workshop to
be successful at Digital Library Federation’s Forum November 1st in
Baltimore

Comment here:

http://lamsmetadata.blogspot.com/2011/10/metadata-use-cases.html

or reply to Suzanne or Robin

THANKS!!

Robin Wendler

Harvard University Library

90 Mt. Auburn St.

Cambridge, MA 02138

617-495-3724

Suzanne C. Pilsk

Head, Metadata Unit

Smithsonian Institution Libraries

Connecting. Ideas. Information. *You.*

10th & Constitution Avenues, NW, NH2207

MRC 154, P.O. Box 37012

Washington, DC 20013-7012

v. 202.633.1646

*P *Please consider the environment before printing this email.