The NCSU Libraries invites applications and nominations for the position
of Metadata Librarian to lead and assess a variety of projects in the
areas of metadata creation, data management, and workflow optimization.
This position offers the opportunity to join a department that is
committed to developing user-centered, transformative approaches to
cataloging in a changing landscape of bibliographic control. The
department is actively moving from workflows that emphasize item-by-item
cataloging toward metadata creation processes that facilitate
large-scale access to our collections and prioritize the discovery of
our Libraries’ hidden collections. Review of applications is underway;
position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. See
vacancy announcement with application instructions at
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/epa.html. AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all
persons without regard to sexual orientation. For ADA accommodations,
please call (919) 515-3148.

Erin Stalberg
Head, Metadata and Cataloging
North Carolina State University Libraries
919.515.5696