The California Digital Library's Access Group is seeking a programmer analyst to help build and provide access to a world-class collection of scholarly publications and datasets, and historical and primary source materials.  We need your expertise to develop platforms and tools for distributing the scholarly work generated by the UC academic community  and for surfacing the remarkable, one-of-a-kind collections held in the University of California's campus libraries and California's cultural institutions.

About the position: Programmer/Analyst II

The programmer analyst will provide development and operations support to our core services-eScholarship, the Online Archive of California, and Calisphere-with a focus on further developing systems for contributing digital content.  We are committed to helping institutions of varying sizes and technical infrastructure expand access to their collections within California and across the world.  The programmer analyst will also help enhance end-user services to provide innovative access to those collections.

This position will play a major role in CDL's contribution to the Open Journal Systems (OJS) project; additional projects may include:

*         Developing a statistics reporting system  that meets internal and contributor needs

*         Building out a user interface for contributing content

*         Supporting the ingest and display of new content streams, such as audio and video

*         Creating new tools for both content contributors and end-users to meet expanding user expectations

The programmer analyst will also be responsible for keeping "an ear to the ground" for potential new tools and services by monitoring technology trends and investigating their viability and potential incorporation into Access Group services.  The CDL continually seeks new and creative ideas, and this position has the potential to make a real difference in how we work and what kinds of features we offer our constituents.

For more information, and to apply, visit https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=54764