I am forwarding this for a colleague.  Please refer any questions to Abbie Grotke, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The National Digital Stewardship Alliance (NDSA) Content Working Group<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/working_groups/content.html> is sponsoring a survey of organizations in the United States who are actively involved in or planning to archive content from the web. The goal of the survey is to better understand the landscape of web archiving activities in the United States, including what organizations or individuals are archiving, what types of web content are being preserved, the tools and services being used, and what type of access is being provided for researchers.

The information gathered as a part of this survey will be reported to NDSA members and summary results will be shared publicly, with an announcement of the results appearing on the Library's Digital Preservation Blog, The Signal (http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/).

Any United States organization involved in web archiving or in the process of planning a web archive is invited to take a survey<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/USWebArchiving>. The survey will close October 31, 2011.

-------

And, a little about me: I'm Web Archiving Team lead at the Library of Congress and involved in a number of digital preservation projects here, with a focus on content, so very interest in digital curation issues and discussion. I'm also co-chair of the National Digital Stewardship Alliance Content Working Group (our work is described in the link above).

-Abbie

Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information and Infrastructure Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke