Hi all,

The NDSA Outreach group wants to collect stories about data loss and
preservation. If you've had your heart broken or uplifted by data loss
or preservation, please fill out the form at http://j.mp/datastories,
and/or please pass on the call for stories below. Distribute widely, as
they used to say on listservs! There's no deadline, but we'll probably
be taking a look at what we get in November.

Thanks,

Amanda

***

Have you, or has your institution, lost important data through 1)
hardware failure, 2) hardware or format obsolescence, 3) migration to a
new format, or other means? Were you once in danger of losing important
data, but you managed to recover or preserve it? The National Digital
Stewardship Alliance would love to hear about it -- you can tell your
story in 3-4 sentences using the form at http://j.mp/datastories.

Thank you for helping us spread the word about why data preservation is
so important and what solutions there may be. See
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/ndsa/ for more information about the

--
Amanda French
720-530-7515