The October 2011 Library of Congress Digital Preservation Newsletter is now available.
http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/news/newsletter/201110.pdf

In this issue:
*Personal Digital Archiving talked about at the National Book Festival and on our blog, "The Signal"

*More from our ABCs of Digital Preservation series on "The Signal" - B is for Bit Preservation and C is for Collections

*A look at digital preservation grant programs

*Perspectives on scientific data management

*Recent news from the Library of Congress Web Archiving Team

*An update on the National Digital Stewardship Alliance

*Recaps from recent meetings - Designing Storage Architectures for Preservation Collections, the International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives, SAA 2011, and the 2011 Annual Summer Meeting of DataCite

*News from the Digital Preservation Outreach and Education Train the Trainer workshop

*Upcoming Events: Best Practices Exchange Oct. 20-22 in Lexington, KY and DLF Fall Forum 2011 Oct. 31-Nov. 1 in Baltimore, MD