Hi all,
The Content Working Group is holding a meeting next week regarding blog preservation and would like to open it up to other NDSA members that have a strong interest in capturing and preserving blogs.

The idea first originated at a citizen journalism meeting last November: http://digitalpreservation.gov/news/events/other_meetings/CitizenJournalism10/index.html

In recent months, NDSA CWG members have returned again to the idea of the blog preservation plugin - this was a great idea but it's taking some aligning of the stars to make some progress in this area; the formation of the NDSA has helped us give the idea some structure. We've recently talked with someone from WordPress who was at that meeting, and he's still interested in this idea (see notes attached). This has brought up some policy questions, and we're holding a 2 hr. meeting in a few weeks to talk through some of those ideas with a larger group. We plan to start with Wordpress but certainly would want to expand to other blogging platforms.

This discussion will be Wednesday Nov 2, tentatively from 10am-12pm ET (perhaps a little later, will know more soon). For locals, we have a conference room booked in DC (at the Library of Congress) with limited space, and a webex scheduled for offsite participants, though to best manage this meeting we will need to restrict the number of attendees and hope to keep the discussion very focused on the policy questions at hand.

If you feel you have something to contribute to this discussion and would like to participate (or if you know of someone who should definitely be involved), please send me a direct email ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>). I'll assume remotely if you are not DC-based. Once we sort out how many we feel we can handle in terms of participants I will get back to you with details and an agenda.

Thanks!

Abbie and Cathy, Content WG Co-Chairs

Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information and Infrastructure Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke