Wait - Pre-Conferences are NOT extra?!?!?  That seems like a departure from
previous years.  I'm pretty uncomfortable with the registration cost
covering Pre-conferences if my staff does not attend the pre-conferences.

Given that airfare is over $100 cheaper to skip pre-conferences, it's
unlikely our staff would even be approved to spend both the extra airfare
and the extra hotel cost for the pre-conferences.

I think the pre-conferences should be charged separately.  The charge
should be nominal, especially if food is not included.  If food is
included, then I strongly suggest two separate fees because it isn't fair
for 100% of the attendees to cover something attended by a smaller
percentage of attendees.  Otherwise, don't call it a pre-conference.

Tim M