There is the conference, for which, we have been told, registration is $150.

There is the pre-conference, for which, we have been told, there will be no
additional charge.

In the past, we have charged for the pre-conference. No one has said what
this charge was, but I sort of remember it being $25. I can't recall if
that is for both morning and afternoon or if it was $25 each (total of
$50). <shrug>

Also, at least in 2009, lunch was on our own.

I'm content to pay $0, $25, $50, or some other reasonable amount for the
pre-conference. I don't care, except, like everybody else, I need to know.
I fudged it on my travel request, but surely this can be resolved.