The Adobe ocr did not seem to be as accurate as ABBYY, but the auto clean
up is great for messy scans.

The auto correction in the high end document acquisition systems is much
better, but a lot depends on document types.

Adobe do have an sdk, and I think they might also have a server based
system for high volume work flow environments, but I am not 100% sure.

Simon