Re-forwarding. Also see documentation: http://tinyurl.com/6shhsfh

kc
> From [log in to unmask]  Fri Nov 11 08:22:23 2011
> To: ORCID TWG Members and Supporters
> Subject: ORCID Releases Mock API Web Application

Dear ORCID TWG Members and Supporters,

We are extremely happy to announce that the ORCID development team has
made the first ORCID code release.

The ORCID-Mock-API-Web-Application is ready for people to download and
run.   The Github repository for it is open to anybody as of now.

This deployable WAR file provides a full implementation of the "ORCID
Phase 1 Query API" (http://goo.gl/ctWlR) which third parties can use
in order to start writing clients that require read-only access to the
ORCID system. The system includes the ability to query for a
researcher's "protected" profile elements though authentication via
OAuth2. The big restriction is that, at the moment, this system is not
tied to the real back-end database and will only deliver the included
hard-coded, fake, ORCID profile.

The development team has confirmed that it is easy to deploy this WAR
in a standard servlet container (e.g.  Apache Tomcat 7) and that it
works with existing third party OAuth client libraries.  ORCID will
soon be (separately) releasing some of the code that he developed in
Ruby to serve as further examples.

The WAR is available on Github at:
https://github.com/ORCID

Please report any issues you encounter with the system here:
https://github.com/ORCID/ORCID-Mock-API-Web-Application/issues

General development questions, etc. can be directed to:

The next release of the Mock API WAR will include the ability to
deposit/update profiles to the system.

We'd like to thank everyone from the ORCID technical community for
their thoughtful contributions to the API specification development,
and more generally, for working collaboratively over the past two
years to bring an important idea to fruition.  I'll quote Geoff Bilder
when noting that our work has contributed to something that, "promises
to become foundational scholarly cyberinfrastructure".  In addition,
we should thank Mummi Thorisson and the Semantico team for beginning
to deliver on our shared vision.  Most importantly, we owe a debt of
gratitude to Geoff Bilder who possesses the vision... and stamina...
to drive such a broad group of interests to such a promising execution
phase.

Please feel free to forward this email to other interested parties.
There have been some changes to our membership that I've tried to
adjust in our email list, but if I've left anyone out, or there are
others who would like to be included on future mailings, please have
them contact me.

Kind regards,
[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Chair, ORCID Technical Working Group

Brian Wilson
Vice President, Chief Architect
Intellectual Property and Science
Thomson Reuters
science.thomsonreuters.com<http://science.thomsonreuters.com/>

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains
information that may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and
delete this e-mail and any attachments.
Jim Pitman
Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California