I've used the semi-deprecated Web SQL Database on iPads to store
relational data locally with some periodic polling to see if it's safe
to flush the data to a server. The data survives browser and device
restarts. This works well as long as the network access is reliably
intermittent (as Nate pointed out). I used the persistence.js ORM, which
made the data a little easier to work with.

https://github.com/zefhemel/persistencejs

If you're just storing a set of log lines, localStorage might be the
shorter path (and it would work in Firefox, if that matters).

Jason