http://www.librarycloud.org/about

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brett Bonfield
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Library News (à la ycombinator's hackernews)

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:02 AM, BRIAN TINGLE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm not sure how many of y'all read hackernews (news.ycombinator.com, I'm addicted to it) but I just saw on there that there is a similar style site for Library News that somebody launched.
>
> http://news.librarycloud.org/news

I'm addicted to Hacker News as well, and for a long time I've wanted something similar for librarians. I even worked with my colleagues at In the Library with the Lead Pipe to try to start such a community, using SlinkSet (since acquired by Posterous) as the backend. We had some activity for a while, but never really got it going and ultimately decided close the site rather than fight the spammers.

So... what's it going to take for Library News to make it?

Brett