I'm trying to figure out what software they use, but that 'about' page
has a link that does not seem useful (it links to a page for a lisp-like
language, with no mention of any software package in that language or
any other that can provide a hacker-news-like site).

Don't know if the link is in error, or what. Anyone know what software
Hacker News and this Library News clone are based on, for real, and
where to look at the source/documentation?  Trying to google for what
open source software Hacker News runs on, I'm not having any luck.