On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Don't know if the link is in error, or what. Anyone know what software
> Hacker News and this Library News clone are based on, for real, and where to
> look at the source/documentation?  Trying to google for what open source
> software Hacker News runs on, I'm not having any luck.

Hacker News, and presumably Library News, both run using news.arc,
which is written the the Arc dialect of Lisp. The news program is
packaged with the Arc distribution:

https://github.com/nex3/arc/blob/master/news.arc

Mark A. Matienzo
Digital Archivist, Manuscripts and Archives, Yale University Library
Technical Architect, ArchivesSpace