I personally would like one of two things to happen:

1) as Dan suggested, have only people registered for the conference vote.

or

2) have the voting completed before registration.

The reason for #1 had been already outlined by Dan. The reason for #2 is that it is easier to ask for money from administrators to attend a conference if you can point to specific sessions that are relevant to you position.

Edward

--
Edward M. Corrado