Tim,

With all due respect, pre-conferences are optional. Some
pre-conferences have required,/will require registration to keep the
size manageable. If you can't justify the cost of sending your staff
to the preconferences, then don't.

Despite Gabe's link out to a past post, no one has pasted the
information directly to the thread. Here's a history of what I've
found in terms of pre-conference costs for past years:

* 2011: $15 for a half day session; CURATECamp Hackfest (full-day)
free, but sponsored by DLF
* 2010: $25
* 2009: $25
* 2008: free
* 2007: free
* 2006: N/A

If anyone takes issue with the "inclusion" of pre-conferences in the
registration fee, I will be happy to send your employer a postal money
order for $25 or something of comparable value.

Alternately, I can also do something productive, like make a donation
to the scholarship fund or the angel fund if there is a serious issue
with the cost.

Mark A. Matienzo
Digital Archivist, Manuscripts and Archives, Yale University Library
Technical Architect, ArchivesSpace