In the grand scheme of things, $150 for a conference is very low, and
$320 for a pre conference is low, as well. This doesn't make them
cheap or mean that everyone who would like to go, can go. I fully
understand that $25 is in inconsequential amount of money… Unless it
is your $25.

I think that there is consensus that we want to keep c4l at its
current size, and I think that money shouldn't be the primary factor
determining attendance.

Perhaps it would be good if we raised our price to $200 or $250,
increased our sponsorship fundraising efforts, and used the excess to
provide partial and full (including travel and lodging) scholarships
for those who need them.

Maybe we should encourage local couch surfing hosts.

We should keep talking about this.

Cary

--
Cary Gordon