Nice link Ann, thanks for forwarding.

If anyone wants to go the hostel route, the Green Tortoise Seattle is
closer than City Hostel. http://www.greentortoise.net/

I have stayed there twice in a private room and both times it was an
amazing experience.  Met lots of cool people and saw interesting parts
of Seattle with them that I wouldn't have otherwise visited.  If
you've ever stayed at Green Tortoise San Francisco, rest assured the
Seattle location is much much more clean & modern.

Laura