I just registered for an overflow block room at
https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=7466136

I noticed when I got to the Guest Details page that there was a
checkbox in the Contact Information block -- "Yes, I'd like to be
notified…" -- which was checked (not surprising) and not changeable
(that was surprising). Peeking at the code, I noticed that the form
tag had the words, "checked" and "disabled".

Now, since nobody could be so slimy as to do this intentionally
(right?). I helped them out by using my in-browser editor to correct
this oversight, because I wouldn't want them to waste electrons
sending me email that I don't want.

https://skitch.com/highermath/gjf9c/guest-details

Hmmm… Check this box to tithe 20 percent of your income to the
library… Could work.

--
Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company