"hold the trademark in trust and not enforce it against any individual,
organization, or company who chooses to promote services around Koha in
New Zealand."

Well, the point of having a trademark at all is generally to enforce it
against people who are calling something that is _not_ Koha "Koha."

Since LibLime is accused by the community of doing exactly that, that is
precisely what they are worried about, and want to make sure they can
call whatever they want Koha, regardless of whether the Koha Foundation
or Koha community thinks it is Koha.  And just to make it not look quite
so bald, they say that not only LibLime, but _everyone_ should be able
to call whatever they want "Koha" regardless of whether the community or
foundation believes it is Koha.

It is not that surprising that this would not be acceptable to the Koha
community.