From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anne Gresham
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 11:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Professional development advice?

Hi code4lib folks,

I'm in my final semester of library school and my first year as a baby librarian. At school, I focused on systems and technology, and I'm currently running a desktop and mobile site at work. I'm fine with HTML and CSS, and I can fumble around in PHP, but I feel very under-prepared for the library web developer career I want to have. I was wondering what skills/programming languages/experience you think I should be seeking if I want to be able to develop (good) interactive online resources/digital collections for library patrons and/or staff.

Thanks for your help!

Anne Gresham
Reference Librarian
Springdale Public Library