Not the kind of suggestion you're looking for, I know, but as a
broader philosophical point ...

I wonder how much of the infrastructure we're building now to manage
access rights, including dark achives like CLOCKSS, is going to end up
looking rather quaint and old-fashioned as the progress towards an
Everything Is Open world accelerates.  Of course, "Everything" is an
exaggeration, there will always be *some* restricted materials, but
we're already seeing a strong trend towards author-pays open access in
scholarly publishing, and towards musicians not trying to limit access
to their music, but using it as an advertisement, and both trends seem
to be accelerating.

I guess the truth is that none of us knows where all this is going to end up.

In the mean time, it's hard to get excited about building software to
*restrict* access to materials, when what we all really want to do is
*improve* access.

-- Mike.