On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Robert Sanderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> * Separation of concerns...
>
> * Lax Security...
>
> * Obfuscation...

Let's say I'm planning to first build a completely functional app with
no javascript at al(*)l, and then use javascript for progressive
enhancement.

In other words, it's *essential* that I have server-side code that
solves these problems already. Does it make sense to replicate the
server-side functionality on the client?

Also, I've thought of a good reason myself: performance. If I'm adding
an item to a list, it's a better user experience to update the display
immediately rather than waiting for the server to send back a 200 OK,
and handle the error or timeout case specially.

-n