On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:31, Chris Fitzpatrick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I just had a Howard Beale moment with Apple. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.
>
> I'm curious what people can suggest for linux laptop?
> Any suggestions for distros and hardware?

I've been using Ubuntu since 2006 or so on all kinds of different
hardware, and I'm pretty pleased with it. Each release has been more
polished than the last, generally, but still, you should be
comfortable with a certain amount of tinkering, IMO.  Some of us do
this anyway, so it's easy to forget the time we spend tweaking and
futzing.

As for hardware, I've mostly had Ubuntu on Dell hardware at work. My
latest box at home is a Lenovo IdeaPad Y570.  My experiences with it
are similar to Chad's -- works just fine despite some video issues
under 11.04.

-Mike