On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Chris Fitzpatrick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I just had a Howard Beale moment with Apple. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

What caused this moment?

If you're thinking "man, OS X is so dodgy" or "this is some crap
quality hardware" then a switch is probably not going to make you
happy. If you're thinking "good lord this is expensive gear" or "I
want to configure everything on the planet" then yeah, it might.

Linux is great. My experience with linux laptops is that there are
quite a number of 'mad as hell' moments to be had there, though.
Computers in general are great at generating those.

-n