On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Francis Kayiwa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 12/15/11 5:01 PM, Wilfred Drew wrote:
>
>> If there is this much interest why not pick bigger venues?  I have
>> beenfollowing this conversation for weeks and wondered why that hadn't
>> already happened.
>>

> Bigger usually means more costly. Administrative, Space, Bandwidth etc.,

Correct. Cost on a per capita basis is significantly higher because the
number of places that have this kind of capacity is limited.

Although this is a community undertaking, the sponsoring
institution/organization has to absorb the financial risk. As the penalties
of guessing incorrectly are a function of size, it's not as simple as just
getting a venue that can handle 500 people.

kyle

Kyle Banerjee
Digital Services Program Manager
Orbis Cascade Alliance