On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Edward M. Corrado
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I would be against making C4L any bigger. There are already bigger
> conferences one can attend to. Not only because it will lose the feel,
> but it will become more expensive, limit locations, and harder to
> host.

One thing to keep in mind is that one of the reasons that Code4Lib
capacity has always been so low is to make it easier to keep as a
single track (which, personally, I feel is pretty important to
maintain).

While, certainly, we could probably get a venue with a larger
single-room seating capacity (Providence could have probably easily
seated 700+ if it had been arranged like Portland), we quickly begin
to lose any sense of intimacy.  250 people is a gathering, 500+ is a
crowd.

To boot, we'd basically be pushing the exclusive wall from the
registration process to the breakout and lightning talk signups.

The lottery idea sounds intriguing, but complicated.  It would have to
be pretty well thought out in advance, I think.

-Ross.