On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Roy Tennant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> One of the founding concepts of the conference had been "no
> spectators". That is, everyone has an opportunity to participate and
> is encouraged to do so. I'm not saying we need to limit the conference
> to 80 seats or so, but I think we should at least mark the passing of
> this concept with some regret.

This makes a lot of sense -- I didn't realize that, even as someone
who's been around the outskirts of the community for several years
now.

It doesn't, however, particularly support the current size limit.
"Signed up promptly" isn't necessarily a good predictor of
"participates actively."

But I agree. Just making the conference bigger without thought to its
purpose -- especially WRT local c4l miniconferences -- risks changing
the conference while bringing to more people. Which may kind of miss
the point.

-n