While I want to stress my position that there is nothing wrong with
advertising your proposal (including the source of this now-too-long
thread), it *would be* out of line to ask everybody in your organization to
vote for your proposal (outside of the exceptional workplace -- such as
Gluejar or Equinox -- where everybody might actually have an interest in
Code4lib).

I think it's important to point out that we have no transgressions; just a
cautionary tale.

We've known for some time that our current system is vulnerable to (likely
unwitting - as Jonathan's email pointed out) abuse and our simple splash
screen proposal would probably solve any potential issue.

-Ross.

On Thursday, December 1, 2011, Eric Hellman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I think that it's not out of bounds to ask people for c4l votes unless
you're offering tangible rewards in exchange for said votes. "Tangible
rewards" as used here shall in no circumstance be construed to apply to any
offers of beer or its nonalcoholic equivalent. "Non-alcoholic equivalent"
as used here, shall in no way be construed to imply that there is such a
thing.