I've worked to deprecate marc-hash (what tends to be referred to as "Bill
Dueber's JSON format") in favor of Ross's marc-in-json. To the best of my
knowledge, there is marc-in-json support for ruby (current ruby-marc), PHP
(current File_MARC), marc4j (currently in trunk, soon to be released, I
think), and perl (MARC::Record in the next release). I think that covers
all the major players except the IndexData yaz- stuff.

[Galen, any word on that next release of the perl module?]

I, at least, already use marc-in-json in production (It's a great way to
store MARC in solr). It would be great if folks would have the confidence
to use it, at least as a single-record format. I think for wider adoption
we'll need to all have either (a) json pull-parsers to read in a file that
contains an array of marc-in-json objects, or (b) a decision to use
newline-delimited-json (or some other record-delimiter), so folks can put
more than one of these in a file and be able to get them out without
running out of memory.

 -Bill-

--
Bill Dueber