Martin Czygan recently added JSON support to pymarc [1]. Before this
gets rolled into a release I was wondering if it might make sense to
bring the implementation in line with Ross Singer's proposed JSON
serialization for MARC [2]. After quickly looking around it seems to
be what got implemented in ruby-marc [3] and PHP's File_MARC [4]. It
also looked like there was a MARC::Record branch [5] for doing
something similar, but I'm not sure if that has been released yet.

It seems like a no-brainer to bring it in line, but I thought I'd ask
since I haven't been following the conversation closely.

//Ed

[1] https://github.com/edsu/pymarc/commit/245ea6d7bceaec7215abe788d61a0b34a6cd849e
[2] http://dilettantes.code4lib.org/blog/2010/09/a-proposal-to-serialize-marc-in-json/
[3] https://github.com/ruby-marc/ruby-marc/blob/master/lib/marc/record.rb#L227