Hi all,
I'm a first year library science student, also interested in programming.
As an assignment for a class I recently designed a pathfinder/subject guide
on computer science for librarians and library students. After watching
this thread for a couple of days, it dawned on me that, hey there might be
a demand for this kind of thing. So it give fairly incomplete coverage of
the subject so far, lets say broad but not deep, and it definitely exposes
my lack of web, or any, design experience. I did however give it a
libguides style menu bar (not technically tabbed). I didn't have time to
talk to our IT department which means that its just a small collection of
HTML/CSS files which is all my webspace will currently allow. My ambition
originally was to create a dynamic site using Library a la Carte or
something similar.
Which brings me to my original reason for posting: Is there, at present, a
publicly available subject guide for librarian coders that anyone knows of?
and would anyone be interested in collaborating on such a guide even if
just to give feedback. I mean obviously, there's code4lib, which is great,
but many people come to library school with no computer experience and then
find they have a real passion for programming. This would be a guide for
these people as well as librarians who find themselves suddenly needed
coding skills or an understanding of other CS or technology-related topics.
Has anyone else seen a need for this?
Thanks,
-Seth