I'm attempting to create a .csl style file for the journal Polar Record.
I've managed to get book, book chapter, and article looking right, but
I'm stumped on thesis and not sure that there's a solution supported in
CSL 1.0.

 From the stylesheet:
Unpublished theses or dissertations must include the department and
university in which they were accepted, for example (Smith, J.L.. 1990.
  TITLE. Unpublished PhD dissertation. University of Cambridge: Scott
Polar Research Institute).

I'm using Zotero to test out my citations (the professor for whom I'm
developing this style uses Papers 2 for the Macintosh) and when I enter
a thesis it doesn't have a field for department. I don't know if Papers
does or not. As far as I can tell, CSL doesn't have a department field
either. (http://citationstyles.org/downloads/specification.html) The
Zotero field for university seems to map to CSL's publisher field.

I could do an ugly fix and tell the professor to enter the department in
the place field, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Can anyone offer some insight?

Thanks.

Ellen

--