I agree with Chad and Jason.  It's all about having many options because
every situation is different.  Each will call for one format or another
for efficiency, convenience, and the best user experience (among many
other considerations).  In a current project, I'm using both JSON and
HTML AJAX calls.

-Shaun

--
Shaun D. Ellis